Vancouver Island Conference Centre, Nanaimo BC
Sept 29 – Oct 2, 2022
PPF2022 will be held in the Vancouver Island Conference Centre in Nanaimo, BC, on the traditional, unceded, ancestral territories of the Snuneymuxw — for the Practitioner Forum Days (Sept 29 – 30), Public Forum Day (Oct 1), and concurrent Practitioner Workshops (Oct 1 – 2).
This full-service conference centre — with world class facilities — is just steps away from the scenic Nanaimo Harbour in the heart of a walkable downtown.
> For directions, click HERE.
> For parking information, click HERE
Here are some options for accommodation convenient to the conference centre:
COAST BASTION HOTEL (connected to VICC by underground parking) – 11 Bastion Street, Nanaimo, BC V9R 6E4, Tel: 250 753-6601
BEST WESTERN DORCHESTER HOTEL (5 minute walk to VICC) – 70 Church Street, Nanaimo, BC V9R 5H4, Tel: 250 754-6835
QUALITY INN (8 minute walk to VICC) – 440 Selby Street, Nanaimo, BC V9R 2R7, Tel: 1 888-688-5714
Accommodation rentals through Airbnb or VRBO
If you have any questions pertaining to travel, please connect with us via our Contact page.
Getting to Nanaimo
Note: For carpools/ride sharing for registrants, please scroll below.
There are options to travel by land, and/or passenger ferries, or travel by air (regular airlines, sea/float planes).
Please click onto this link by Tourism Nanaimo for transport information.
Located in central Vancouver Island, Nanaimo is approximately 1.5 hours (via driving) from the capital city of Victoria at the southern tip of Vancouver Island.
BC FERRIES — Nanaimo has two ferry terminals:
- Departure Bay ferry terminal which connects to/from Horseshoe Bay terminal in Vancouver (1 hour 40 minute ferry commute, and 5 – 8 minutes drive to the conference venue
- Duke Point ferry terminal which connects to/from Tsawwassen ferry terminal (2 hour ferry commute, and 20 minute drive to the conference venue).
SEA PLANES – Nanaimo has two sea plane operators:
- Just a 5 minute walk from the conference venue is the Harbour Air seaplane terminal, for a convenient 20-minute flight connection to the Vancouver downtown waterfront, or to the Vancouver International Airport in Richmond.
- Located close to the Departure Bay ferry terminal, approximately 5 – 8 minutes drive from the conference centre is the Seair sea plane terminal — to connect to Vancouver, and Vancouver International Airport.
- To connect directly via regular airlines to Vancouver International Airport, and other cities in Canada.
Need a ride ? Offer a ride!
Add your name to the carpool list to connect with other forum attendees.